Register Your Interest - Course (BSAC Ocean Divers)
Time & Location
About The Event
This course is for beginners and provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to prepare for open water diving. The qualification stays with you for life.
The BSAC Ocean Diver course prepares you for this in the safety of a swimming pool and an introduction to open water in a controlled, safe manner. Experience and confidence will be gained under the guidance of a qualified Instructor.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The BSAC Ocean Diver course has three main stages:
- Lessons and theory assessment on the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Five hours of confined water dives to learn the basics in a swimming pool.
- Five open water dives to further develop your scuba skills.
Your Ocean Diver Qualification
A BSAC Ocean Diver is defined as a diver who is competent to conduct dives...
- With another (Ocean/Sports/AOW) qualified diver, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered during training.
- With a Dive Leader/Dive Master or above to expand experience beyond the conditions encountered during training, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
- Safely under the on-site supervision of a Dive Manager with respect to dive site selection, conditions and dive plan.
- Safely on dives that don’t require mandatory decompression stops.
- Using Nitrox as a safe diving gas on dives.
- To a maximum depth of 20 metres.
If you have any existing medical conditions or are taking any medication, please call us in advance of purchasing this course to discuss with our Instructors your suitability to dive.
- BSAC Ocean Diver Course£0£00£0