Kyarra Wreck Dive
Time & Location
About The Event
Come out on our purpose built diving RIB where'll you'll get a chance to do a dive on the famous Kyarra:
Mid day dive: Kyarra (depth 28m)
Kyarra Wreck - off the coast of Swanage:
For ten years Kyarra sailed between Fremantle, Western Australia and Sydney, New South Wales carrying cargo and passengers. She sailed under the flag of the United Steam Navigation Company Limited of London. On 5 May 1918, Kyarra was sailing from Tilbury to Devonport to embark civilian passengers and take on full general cargo. However the Kyarra was sunk in 1918 by a torpedo, killing all 6 crew members.
What to expect from the day:
Launching from Poole, we'll head out and dive the Kyarra wreck and then head back in.
What to bring:
- Your own equipment if you wish to use it (you can hire club equipment for the day at an additional cost)
- Drinks (make sure you bring enough water with you for dehydration)
- Lunch - we have a cool box we can keep your sandwiches chilled!
Good to know:
- All divers must be qualified and hold current certification of BSAC Sports Diver or PADI Advanced Open Water with experience of this depth as minimum
- You will need your own DSMB and torch
- Anything that goes on the boat is likely to get wet, so please keep personal items to a minimum
- Dive plan is weather dependent, we will notify of any changes / cancellations a day in advance
- One Dive - Own Full Kit£20£200£0
- One Dive, Kit & Air Hire£35£350£0