Wed, 17 Apr|
Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre
BSAC Ocean Divers Course
If you’re a complete scuba beginner and are interested in learning to scuba dive, then our BSAC Ocean Diver course is the best option for you! First pool session for the course = Wednesday 17 April 2019 (we'd advise you do a Try Dive session the week prior before committing to the full course)
Time & Location
17 Apr 2019, 20:00 – 23:00
Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre, Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre, Christchurch BH23 1HW, UK
About The Event
This course is for beginners and provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to prepare for open water diving. The qualification stays with you for life.
The BSAC Ocean Diver course prepares you for this in the safety of a swimming pool and an introduction to open water in a controlled, safe manner. Experience and confidence will be gained under the guidance of a qualified Instructor.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The BSAC Ocean Diver course has three main stages:
- Lessons and theory assessment on the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Five hours of confined water dives to learn the basics in a swimming pool.
- Five open water dives to further develop your scuba skills.
Your Ocean Diver Qualification
A BSAC Ocean Diver is defined as a diver who is competent to conduct dives...
- With another (Ocean/Sports/AOW) qualified diver, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered during training.
- With a Dive Leader/Dive Master or above to expand experience beyond the conditions encountered during training, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
- Safely under the on-site supervision of a Dive Manager with respect to dive site selection, conditions and dive plan.
- Safely on dives that don’t require mandatory decompression stops.
- Using Nitrox as a safe diving gas on dives.
- To a maximum depth of 20 metres.
DOWNLOAD our latest BSAC Ocean Diver course Pack here for all the latest details, information and costs.
If you have any existing medical conditions or are taking any medication, please call us in advance of purchasing this course to discuss with our Instructors your suitability to dive.
BSAC ocean Diver Course
GOOD TO KNOW! As we are a none profit club and not a commercial school, we are able to offer some of the best course costs to our divers in the area. We also include everything you need as shown below for you to start your course knowing you don’t have any other additional costs such as equipment hire or entry fees to open water dive sites. Some commercial schools have these as hidden extras!
BSAC Ocean Course -50% Payment
For our divers who have pre-arranged to pay for their course in two payments, please select this ticket payment to cover the first half of your course. Your balance will need to be paid in advance of the second half prior to your open water dives. Failure to pay in full will mean you will not complete the course.